The joy of celebrating festivals is unparalleled, and what better way to celebrate than indulging in delightful sweets and savoury treats? Gulab Jamun stands out as a timeless favourite among the many mouthwatering options. These soft, syrup-soaked balls of perfection have been a staple at festive gatherings, evoking feelings of warmth and togetherness. Let’s delve into the world of Gulab Jamun and discover its key ingredients, the art of preparing sugar syrup, delightful pairings etc.
What are the Key Ingredients needed to make Gulab Jamun?
A carefully chosen ensemble of ingredients is necessary to create the magic of Gulab Jamun. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Suhana Gulab Jamun Instant Mix:
This premade mix ensures that your Gulab Jamun turns out perfectly every time.
A sweetening agent that forms the base of the syrup that coats the Gulab Jamun.
Essential for making the syrup that infuses the Gulab Jamun with its delectable sweetness.
The rich flavour contributes to each bite’s softness and depth of taste.
- Cardamom Powder:
This aromatic spice lends its unique fragrance, enhancing the overall experience.
- Rose Water:
A touch of rose water adds a delicate floral note to the syrup.
- Chopped Walnuts:
Optional but adding chopped walnuts can provide a delightful crunch.
- Baking Soda:
This leavening agent contributes to the soft and airy texture of the Gulab Jamun.
Each ingredient is crucial in creating the harmonious blend of flavours and textures that define Gulab Jamun’s appeal.
Preparing Gulab Jamun: Step-by-Step Recipe Guide
- Prepare the Sugar Syrup:
- Add 600g of sugar and 600 ml of water to a pot.
- It should get slightly sticky after boiling for 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can add few strands of Suhana Saffron and cardamom powder, but this is optional.
- Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and set it aside to cool once it reaches a one-string consistency.
- Prepare the Gulab Jamun Dough:
- Take the Suhana Gulab Jamun mix in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add water/milk while mixing to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Knead it into a smooth dough for few minutes making it sure it’s not too dry or sticky.
- Shape the Gulab Jamun:
- Roll a small amount of dough between your palms to form smooth, crack-free balls. Ensure the surface is smooth; otherwise, they can shatter while fried.
- Make sure the size of the balls is consistent for even cooking.
- Fry the Gulab Jamun:
- Heat ghee or oil should over medium-low heat in a deep pan. It should be warm but not scalding in the oil.
- Carefully slide the prepared Gulab Jamun balls into the hot ghee or oil.
- Fry them on low to medium heat for 5-7 minutes, flipping them in between, until they are golden brown.
- Once cooked take them out on a paper towel.
- Soak in Sugar Syrup and Serve:
- While the Gulab Jamuns are still hot, gently drop them into the prepared sugar syrup.
- Soak the gulab jamuns in the sugar syrup for at least 2 hours. They will absorb the syrup and become soft and sweet.
- Serve warm Gulab Jamuns. They can be enjoyed on their own or with ice cream.
Enjoy your homemade Gulab Jamun made using Suhana Gulab Jamun Instant mix!
What to Eat with Gulab Jamun?
Gulab Jamun is a delight but pairing it with complementary accompaniments can elevate your festive experience. Here are some delightful options:
- Ice Cream:
The warm Gulab Jamun and ice cream contrast create a divine sensation.
The velvety texture of custard provides a silky counterpart to the Gulab Jamun’s richness.
This condensed milk-based dessert harmonizes with the Gulab Jamun’s flavours, offering a traditional twist.
- Saffron Milk:
The fragrant saffron milk complements the cardamom and rose flavours, enhancing the palate.
The combination of rice pudding and Gulab Jamun offers a symphony of comforting flavours.
A refreshing, and tangy yoghurt can balance the sweetness of the Gulab Jamun.
- Fruit Salad:
The lightness of fruit salad provides a refreshing contrast to the indulgence of Gulab Jamun.
A handful of nuts, like almonds or pistachios, adds texture and nutty undertones.
As the festival season unfolds, Gulab Jamun and an array of desserts promise to create lasting memories. With Suhana Masala’s instant mix simplifying the Gulab Jamun preparation process, you can savour the magic of this festive treat without the fuss. So, gather your loved ones, explore these sweet creations, and let the festivities begin!