The popular Indian dish Kaju Curry, also known as Cashew Curry, has a thick, creamy texture and the tempting flavour of cashew nuts. Many people’s dinner tables have adopted this delicious curry as a staple. Kaju Curry is a great option whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or are just in the mood for a delicious dinner. Read on to find out the best ingredients, the cooking process, the best sides, and the health benefits of this scrumptious delicacy!
What ingredients go into making kaju curry?
Let’s get all the necessary materials and their exact measurements before you start your culinary quest to make the delectable Kaju Curry:
- Cashews: 1 cup (about 150 grammes) – The star of this recipe, cashews contribute their creamy consistency and nutty flavour.
- Two medium-sized tomatoes (about 200 grammes each) are needed to give the curry its tangy, somewhat sweet flavour.
- Suhana’s Kaju Curry Masala- is a practical spice mixture that improves the flavour of the food. Use two tablespoons of it.
- Milk: 120 ml or half a cup – Milk gives the curry creaminess and counteracts the spice of the masala.
- Two teaspoons of oil – Oil is needed to prepare and sauté the curry, a key ingredient in Indian food.
- Water is needed to adjust the curry’s consistency to your preferences, one cup (240 ml).
- To improve the flavour of the dinner, add a bit of finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves as a garnish.
- The cashews are boiled in 120 mL (half a cup) of boiling water to generate a creamy cashew paste.
With all our ingredients meticulously prepared and precisely measured, let’s initiate the step-by-step cooking procedure to craft this delightful Kaju Curry.
Preparing Kaju Curry: Step-by-Step Recipe Guide
Step 1: Soaking Cashews
- Begin by soaking a cup of cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes. This will soften them, making blending into a smooth paste easier.
Step 2: Cashew Paste for Curry
- Drain the water and blend the cashews into a creamy paste after the cashews are soft. You can customise the curry by adding vegetables like bell peppers or peas at this stage for added texture and flavour.
Step 3: Cooking the Curry
- Suhana Kaju Curry Masala is added to hot oil in a skillet and cooked till aromatic.
- Cook the diced tomatoes after adding them until the oil begins to separate and they become soft.
- Add the milk and cashew paste now and thoroughly whisk. Allow the mixture to simmer over low heat for as long as the curry thickens, and the cashews are cooked.
- If required, add salt and water to get the desired consistency.
Step 4: Garnish with coriander.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro/coriander leaves to your Kaju Curry for a pop of colour and spice.
Step 5: Taste and Adjust, Serving Hot
- heck the seasoning of the curry and make any required adjustments. Add some powdered red or green chillies to make the meal hotter.
- Serve the Kaju Curry hot with your choice of pairing like rice, roti, naan, dosa, pulao, or paratha.
Kaju Curry’s Best Companions: Recommendations
With many different sides, kaju curry is a superb addition. Consider the following ideas to enhance your eating experience:
- Steamed Rice:
To enjoy every last morsel of the delicious sauce, steam the rice before serving it with the creamy curry.
- Roti and Naan:
Soft and fluffy roti or naan bread is an excellent choice for those who prefer a bread-based accompaniment.
Dosa is an excellent choice if you’re in the mood for something crispy. The combination of crispy dosa and creamy Kaju Curry is simply delightful.
A fragrant and flavourful pulao pairs wonderfully with Kaju Curry, creating a balanced and satisfying meal.
To cool down the spiciness of the curry, consider serving it with raita, a yogurt-based side dish.
Stuffed or plain parathas are an excellent choice for a heartier meal. They complement the richness of Kaju Curry perfectly.
Crispy papad adds a delightful crunch to your meal and enhances the dining experience.
Nutritious Facts about Kaju Curry
Kaju Curry isn’t just a delicious indulgence; it also packs a punch when it comes to nutrition. Let’s explore the nutritious aspects of this flavourful dish:
- Healthy Fats:
Cashews, the star of Kaju Curry, are a fantastic source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. It’s crucial to enjoy meals rich in healthy fats in moderation, and Kaju Curry strikes the right balance in this regard.
- High Protein Content:
Thanks to the protein-rich cashews, Kaju Curry is not only tasty but also a satisfying and nutritious dish. Including protein-rich foods in your diet is essential for overall well-being.
- Dietary Fiber:
Both tomatoes and cashews in Kaju Curry are packed with dietary fiber, promoting digestive health and leaving you feeling satiated. It’s a wholesome choice that takes your health into account.
- Antioxidant Properties:
Tomatoes contain lycopene, a potent antioxidant that may help protect your cells from oxidative stress. Kaju Curry’s well-known antioxidant effects contribute to your overall health.
- Lower Blood Sugar:
Cashews have been linked to reduced blood sugar levels, making Kaju Curry an excellent choice for individuals concerned about diabetes. This notable benefit is well-documented for its ability to regulate blood sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals:
Cashews are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including significant amounts of magnesium. Choosing Kaju Curry is a healthy decision, ensuring your body receives these vital nutrients for various bodily functions.
While Kaju Curry satisfies your taste buds, it has various health benefits, from heart-healthy fats to blood sugar regulation. So, indulge in this e in this flavourful dish without guilt, knowing that it not only delights your palate but also supports your overall well-being.
Including Kaju Curry in your diet can be a tasty way to take advantage of these nutritious advantages while indulging in the delicious flavours of Indian food.
Kaju curry is a delectable and flexible cuisine that can be savoured on various occasions. It is hardly unexpected that Kaju curry has won the hearts and palates of many people given its rich texture, rich flavour, and health advantages. This quick and simple dinner will satisfy both experienced and inexperienced cooks. So, gather your supplies, according to these simple instructions, and enjoy the enchantment of Kaju Curry with your preferred side dishes. Your palate will appreciate it!