Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Dish Category: Main Course
All you need is: 500g meat, cut into 1pieces, ¼ tsp Suhana Turmeric powder, 2 medium/150g onions, sliced, 50g fresh coconut, cut into ¼ inch pieces, ½ tsp poppy seeds, 1tbsp puffed chana dal, 1tbsp/8g Suhana Meat Masala, 1tbsp/7g Suhana Red Chili powder 3tbsp oil, 5cups/1 litre water, Salt to taste, 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped.
How to prepare:
- A Pressure Cook Method -
Pressure-cook meat with 400ml water, turmeric and salt for 5-6 whistles on medium flame or till done.
A Pressure Cook Method
- B Stove Top Method
Cook meat with 800ml water, turmeric and salt on medium flame with frequent stirring for 35-40 minutes (Time and water quantity may vary depending on the quality of meat) or till the meat is cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Separately roast poppy seeds and puffed chana dal till light golden brown.
- Make a fine paste of sautéed onions, roasted poppy seeds and puffed chana dal with fresh coconut and ½ cup coriander leaves.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the above paste and sauté for 4-5 minutes or till oil oozes out.
- Add Suhana Meat Masala, red chilli powder, meat, salt and sauté for a minute.
- Add 200ml water and simmer for 8-10 minutes or till gravy thickens.
Garnish with remaining fresh coriander leaves. Serve piping hot with rice or Indian breads like parathas, naan, etc.
Chef's Tip : You can make other delicious meat dishes with Suhana Meat Masala.